Thursday, October 1, 2020

Think Outside the Box Thursday: Squiggle Game

 


After months of contemplating how best to bring the Art Learning Lab to life, I finally took the plunge today and released my first attempt at a video. The Squiggle Game (or Scribble Game) is one of my favorite drawing activities from childhood. Why title it "Think Outside the Box Thursdays"? This was a warm-up prompt I would use in my art room to encourage my students to engage with their imagination and feel less constricted by a "right" or "wrong" way to accomplish their drawings. 

Every Thursday, my goal is to release a new art-making video, encouraging people to exercise their hands and brains to make something! The Squiggle Game may already be familiar to you, it certainly was a very popular free-time activity in my art room. It's a great game for every age-level and can be played alone or with friends and family. I'd love to see your squiggles. Send me an email: ArtLearningLab@gmail.com with your pictures if you'd like to share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your feedback! I love hearing about your impressions and connections to my posts. Check out my facebook page for more conversations: facebook.com/ArtLearningLab/